Posted: 05 Aug 2008 08:14 AM CDT
Sex Sells, the eternal mantra of the advertising world is constantly encouraging funny and creative ways of pushing the boundary of advertising. Here are a few that either tried too hard, were too dumb or just plain unlucky, resulting in their ban.
Banned by the Advertising Standards Authority in Britain for being too offensive. Excuse given? Couple cannot be having sex as the guy’s pants are still on. Seriously, is that the best you could come up with?
This is a Skechers ad that was banned for playing to the stereotypical image of nurses by men. You mean nurses are not all wearing tiny skirts, with garters and largely exposed cleavages?
Banned for exploiting sexuality through exaggerated means, this Bicardi ad violated the Canadian Code of Advertising apparently.
This ad was for a heated toilet seat, Washlet and was published with no problems on many magazines. The only problem with it on this Times Square building? Times Square Church was just below those asses.
New York’s Metro Transit Authority had a lesson in slang when they learnt that ‘Get Brain’ was slang for ‘Oral Sex’. But, who would have drawn that conclusion from this innocent looking poster?
“I’d Hit It’ is the culprit. Go figure.
Auckland cannot have their Miss Universe Jennifer Hawkins seen getting horny with a stuffed toy, can they?
Imagine the surprise on teachers’ faces when their children start placing their stuffed toys in these positions. No no, stuffed toys are not meant to be played like that… I think.
Where might that thumb be headed? Was the question that got this ad banned by British censors. Seriously guys, can’t you lighten up abit?
Mattel was pretty unhappy with this ad that was interpreted to be insulting to their Barbie brand. Cause all women should look like Barbie and this obese is was an abnormality that should not be publicized.
This was Brokke Shields when she was all of 15 years old. Teenage sexuality was taboo then and Calvin Klein being ahead of their times bore the brunt of it.
James Bond 007 and lots of condoms? Durex was really pushing their luck on this one.
Comcast banned this ad for showing too much skin by Alicia Silverstone. Pity as the idea of nudity is such a closely related subject to errr…. being a vegetarian.
If you don’t see anything wrong with this ad (apart from the use of the B-word), you are probably more innocent than those perverts sitting in the censor board. Why? They saw something else other than a pickle.
Teenage girls should never be depicted in any sexual manner for ads or so the British censors thought. Seriously, what world do they live in?
This is an ad for a Russian business magazine. This is where the phrase: ‘A picture tells a thousand words’ cannot be more true.
First, what do you think this ad was trying to say? A guy sliding down naked with a huge obstacle in the way of his genitals, I would probably say ‘Ouch’. But noooo, it was thought to be celebrating drunkenness and excess drinking. ????
Posted: 05 Aug 2008 08:13 AM CDT
Posted: 05 Aug 2008 08:12 AM CDT
Posted: 05 Aug 2008 08:11 AM CDT
We were pondering whether to include this part2 since there were a few of you guys complaining that they looked ugly. But I guess girls in skimpy bikini will always be popular no matter how ugly they look, and come on, they might not compare to supermodels, but to the average gal, they are at least above average?
Posted: 05 Aug 2008 08:10 AM CDT
Posted: 05 Aug 2008 07:13 AM CDT
Another good article by menshealth to share with everyone here. Which ones HAVN’T you violated?
1. Never ask a woman if she wants to have sex by asking her if she wants to have sex.
2. It is more important to have good health insurance than good health.
3. Don’t bluff more than once in a poker game with friends.
4. When one of the big bosses at work unexpectedly says something really cheery and friendly to you, he means absolutely nothing by it. Not even if he’s your father.
5. Wear as much black as you can. It makes you look slimmer and cooler. But avoid black jeans.
7. Pointedly praising something unusual a person owns or has done will make you appear far smarter in his eyes than a 10-minute discourse on world events.
8. Yes, speak softly and carry a big stick. But don’t mumble. And don’t swing the stick.
9. The man who can’t dance, can’t converse, and can’t provide psychological support to a woman is only half a man; the other half can’t cook, can’t clean, and badly wants a drink.
10. Do not get a visible tattoo larger than your penis.
11. Be aware that most people are operating on a very condensed version of the 10 Commandments: the part about murder.
12. There will be times when good neighbors are more important than a good neighborhood.
13. Telling a woman, “You’re a great person,” is taken as the lead-in to a confession that you don’t love her.
14. Trying to “teach someone a lesson” never works.
15. Easy on the mayo!
16. Be careful about publicly discussing your hobbies, as most hobbies strike people as somewhat pathetic: most notably, collecting stamps, coins, or anything else, bird-watching, bowling, rockhounding, spelunking, table tennis, poetry, dog shows, chat rooms, polka music, yoga, herpetology, marathon running, and religion. The only hobbies you can safely own up to when among people you need to impress are fly-fishing and golf.
17. Never buy anyone a gift at a kiosk.
18. Never wear clothing that your coworkers avoid—the bow tie, the suspenders, the green suit. While you might think you’re expressing your individuality, your colleagues will perceive it as a rejection of their group culture; you’ll become a person who probably can’t be trusted.
19. Do not bring lunch to work.
20. Rainbows are God’s way of reminding us that beauty is an optical illusion, except in sports cars.
Posted: 05 Aug 2008 07:12 AM CDT
Posted: 05 Aug 2008 07:10 AM CDT
Posted: 05 Aug 2008 07:10 AM CDT
Posted: 05 Aug 2008 07:08 AM CDT
Some very good suggestions to Microsoft for their next version of Windows. Some of these error messages will make so much more user-friendly especially since users are already executing them anyway.
• Smash forehead on keyboard to continue.
• Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
• BREAKFAST.SYS halted… Cereal port not responding.
• File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)
• Runtime Error 6D at 417A:32CF: Incompetent User.
• Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue.
• Bad command or file name! Go stand in the corner.
• Windows message: “Error saving file! Format drive now? (Y/Y)”
• Windows VirusScan 1.0 - “Windows found: Remove it? (Y/N)”
|You are subscribed to email updates from Funtasticus.com |
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
|Email Delivery powered by FeedBurner|
|Inbox too full? Subscribe to the feed version of Funtasticus.com in a feed reader.|
|If you prefer to unsubscribe via postal mail, write to: Funtasticus.com, c/o FeedBurner, 20 W Kinzie, 9th Floor, Chicago IL USA 60610|